Interest-Based Ads Policy
Last Updated: April 29, 2020
• What Personal Information About Customers Does EUROtextile.ca Gather?
• What About Cookies?
• Does EUROtextile.ca Share the Information It Receives?
• How Secure Is Information About Me?
• What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
• Which Information Can I Access?
• What Choices Do I Have?
• Are Children Allowed to Use EUROtextile.ca?
• Conditions of Use, Policy, and Revisions
• Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does EUROtextile.ca Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your EUROtextile experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses EUROtextile.ca or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of EUROtextile.ca on other Web sites.
• Mobile: When you download or use apps created by EUROtextile or its subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
• E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from EUROtextile.ca if your computer supports such capabilities. Also, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compare our customer list to lists received from other companies.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
• Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device, to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features purchasing, personalized advertisements on other Web sites, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does EUROtextile.ca Share the Information It Receives?
• Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses may operate stores at EUROtextile.ca or sell offerings to you at EUROtextile.ca. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
• Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Promotional Offers: Sometimes, we send offers to selected groups of EUROtextile.ca customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we don't give that business your name and address.
• With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you'll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you'll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
• We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It's important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you've finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web Sites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at EUROtextile.ca, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads policy.
Which Information Can I Access?
EUROtextile.ca gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with EUROtextile.ca for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Website evolves.
What Choices Do I have?
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such EUROtextile.ca features as Customer Reviews and Wish Lists.
• You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section, above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Are Children Allowed to Use EUROtextile.ca?
EUROtextile.ca does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you're under 18 years old, you may use EUROtextile.ca only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Policy, and Revisions
If you choose to visit EUROtextile.ca, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of Quebec in Canada. If you have any concern about privacy at EUROtextile.ca, please contact us with a thorough description, and we'll try to resolve it.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one, if you've used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; and provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; names of people (with addresses and telephone numbers); content of reviews and e-mails to us.
This service is not currently available to customers and will be available in the near future. Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at EUROtextile.ca include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book), payment settings (including credit card information, gift certificate, gift card, and check balances), e-mail notification settings, Wish Lists, and recommendations.